Attendees: Garth and Patty Schneider, Larry Pittsley, Bob Lee, Scott and Katie Claunch, Bob Richards, Tom Wolicki, Marci Luders, Cara Brenza, Fred Cordova, Ken and Viola Adams, Jerry Stoughton, Dennis Wall, Gil Merriman and Stephen Marino
Meeting was called to order at 6:45
No minutes from the July meeting
•Very little activity
•The current balance is $10,369.89
Larry and Jarrett have been talking. Jarrett is on board with turning responsibility for the website over to Nick. That transition is in process and is expected to be completed next month
Bibo Fun Run:
•Cara handed out flyers with the schedule and other relevant information
•She reports that there are around 25 to 30 people who have indicated that they’re planning on attending and that we may get some additional attendees from the local Porsche club
•Nick is updating the medical form
•The form is essentially the RMVR form personalized for SWMS
Chili Cook Off:
•Cara reminded us of the upcoming 4th annual Chili Cook Off at Russ and Karen’s on October 10th.
PPIR RMVR Event:
•Cara asked if the PPIR RMVR event was still on our list of club events. The consensus was that it is.
El Paso Motorplex Road Course:
•Larry has called the El Paso Motorplex folks to inquire about the possibility of our running at their currently under construction road course. They’re not quite far enough along to have those conversations but Larry as asked them to keep us in the loop. They’re expecting to start racing sometime in 2017
Marci inquired about kart fees and minimum kart counts required to form a run group for the La Junta event. This sparked a discussion about options for promoting the karting program in general.
•Gil and Garth as the only attending karters were asked to give some thought to ways that we as a club could support them
•We decided that Marci’s initial questions could be addressed as we get closer to the La Junta event when, presumably we’ll have more information about who is interested in running.
Bob Lee gave an update on preparations for our upcoming event at La Junta. Highlights are:
•EMT and Ambulance are booked
•A food truck has been booked
•Lodging is tight due to a bicycle race on the same weekend but some rooms are still available
•Track workers, or lack thereof are an issue. Some discussion followed
o It’s difficult and expensive for our corner workers to travel
o Local workers are available but we have no idea about their level of training
o Based on a motion made by Jerry, seconded by Cara amended a few times and passed by significant majority vote it was decided that we would offer SWMS trained and experienced workers a stipend of $150.00/day and provide a smaller stipend at a to be negotiated rate (probably $50.00/day) to corner workers local to La Junta.
•Tom will send Larry the email list for the track workers and Larry will contact them to try and get some participation for the La Junta event
•Steve offered to coordinate transportation for volunteers and others
At 7:55 Tom made a motion to adjourn that was seconded by Jerry and immediately accepted by unanimous vote.
Stephen A. Marino
Secretary Pro Tem