Hello to all of my fellow SouthWest MotorSport members. It is time for another
installment of my “Pit Stop”.
Happy New Year to you and your families. I hope that 2016 brings you happiness and good health.
I hope you all have made your reservations with Jane Webster for our year end awards banquet. It will be held at the Sheraton Uptown which is located at the intersection of Menaul and Louisiana Blvd. NE. The January 31st party will be starting with a cocktail hour from 5:00 to 6:00, followed with dinner from 6:00 to 9:00.
We will be giving out the year end driving awards along with some special awards. Make sure to make your reservations early as we have to let the Sheraton know how many people will be dining with us.
Our 2016 race schedule is out so you can start your planning to attend as many as you can. As many of you know, we were not able to work out a contract with Dirt Speed, Inc., Sandia Speedway’s track operator. SWMS will not be running any events at Sandia Speedway in 2016.
Here is the schedule for 2016:
- April 30th-May 1st – Arroyo Seco Raceway, Deming, NM – SWMS event
- May 28th-May 29th – Inde at Wilcox, AZ – Pro Auto Sport event
- June 11th –June 12th – Pueblo Motorsports Park, Pueblo, Colo. – RMVR event
- July 30th – July 31st – High Plains Raceway, East of Denver, Colo.—RMVR event
- Sept 17th – Sept 18th—La Junta Raceway, La Junta, Colo.—SWMS event
- Oct 22rd- Oct 23rd—Pikes Peak International, Fountain, Colo—RMVR event
I hope you can make some of these events at some very exciting venues.
Happy motoring and drive safely……